Information for buyers
Information for buyers
Finding the right property to buy can be tough! At VitalSpace, our dedicated staff will go the extra mile to help you find the property of your dreams. Our experienced staff have insightful knowledge regarding local properties enabling you to acquire the most suitable home available. Whatever the type of property or special requirements you may have why not give us a call and let us know what you’re looking for! Alternatively you can browse through our available properties using the search facility on this website. Once you have found a property to buy, follow the below step by step guide to enusure your application runs smoothly.
Steps involved in buying a property
- Arranging a mortgage
- Before getting serious with your property search, it’s a good idea to find out how much you can afford to borrow, this process is called obtaining a mortgage pre-approval. A pre-approval takes into account the credit score of the applicant(s) and should be based upon a review of the applicant(s) income and assets. (Tip: Since many purchases fail due to an inability to secure adequate financing, it is worthwhile seeking a creditable mortgage broker or lender in your local area to undertake the pre-approval process. VitalSpace work alongside carefully selected Independent Financial Advisors and one conversation could give you access to the entire market place covering all the high street lenders.
Please note – Click here to speak to one of our reputable Independent Financial Advisors
- Searching for your dream home
- VitalSpace encourage all potential purchasers to register your details with us or follow us via our Facebook property page. This will enable us to keep you informed of any new properties coming to the market. This means that you will be informed of any new property instructions or price reductions on currently listed stock.
- Making your offer
- Once you have found a property that suits your requirements, try and stay calm. It is advised that you request to view the Energy Performance Certificate prior to making your offer. When making an offer you should always consider the fixtures and fittings that you wish to purchase along with the property. Conditions of your purchase must be outlined at this stage prior to having your offer accepted.
- Once your offer is accepted
- At this stage you will need to instruct a conveyancing solicitor. This is an important decision as choosing a proactive solicitor who communicates well with all parties during the purchase process is essential. VitalSpace can recommend respected local solicitors to help with your purchase if required.
- If you are purchasing with the aid of a mortgage, a survey is usually arranged on behalf of the lender. If you are a cash purchaser it is always recommended that you instruct an independent survey or inspection yourself. The outcome of the survey determines the next step. VitalSpace can recommend surveyors who can provide full reports.
- Exchange of contracts
- At this stage both you and your solicitor must be happy with the outcome of the survey and be satisfied with all replies to enquires raised. The formal mortgage must be granted so that funds can be drawn to your solicitors bank account when requested. Your solicitor will agree a completion date with all parties and then exchange contracts based on the above.
- We’re nearly there – The mortgage lender now releases the monies to your solicitor who in turn transfers these to the sellers solicitor. All title deeds for your new property are handed over to your solicitor and the property is legal yours. The sellers will have arranged to release keys to their agents and it will now be possible for you to collect these and move into your new home.