Information for tenants
Finding the right property to rent can be tough! At VitalSpace, our dedicated staff will go the exta mile to help you find the property of your dreams. Our experienced staff have insightful knowledge regarding local properties enabling you to acquire the most suitable home available. Whatever the type of property or special requirements you may have why not give us a call and let us know what you’re looking for! Alternatively you can browse through our available properties using the search facility on this website.
Once you have found a property to rent, follow the below step by step guide to enusre your application runs smoothly.
Here’s what to do next
- Reserving a property
- To reserve a property and to stop any further viewings, prospective tenants are required to pay applications fees. Everyone over the age of 18 years old who will be living at the property is required to be on the tenancy agreement and will need to be fully referenced. Application fees can be paid using a debit or credit card over the telephone (please note, payments by credit card are subject to a 2.5% handling charge) or by visiting one of our branches where we also accept cash payments. All application fees paid in respect of a tenancy application are non refundable and will be forfeited in the event the tenant/s decides to withdraw there application and/or fails the referencing process.
- Your application
- In order to be considered for a VitalSpace rental property, please kindly download and complete the below application form. To support your application we need three different forms of ID from each applicant.
- Photo ID – Passport or current driving license
- Proof of your current address e.g. Household bill or a bank statement
- Proof of income – contract of employment of recent wage slip
- Download an application form
- VitalSpace tenant application form
please note – click here to download Adobe Reader
- Can I use a guarantor?
- If a guarantor is required to support your application a guarantor will need to be referenced and will also be named on the Tenancy Agreement and will be required to sign the Tenancy Agreement. If a guarantor cannot be provided, the tenant can choose to pay rent in advance; however this is subject to the landlord’s approval. The guarantor will need to complete an application form which maybe subject to an additional fee.
- What does my application fee cover?
- Credit check and ID referencing
- Employment and previous landlord referencing
- Production of legal documents for your tenancy
- Full handover procedure of the property with a memeber of our team
- Creation of a detailed inventory and condition report
- Notification of your tenancy to all relevant council tax departments
- Notification of your tenancy to utility companies complete with meter readings
- Arrangement of standing orders for subsequent month’s rental payments
- Registering deposit within the Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- What am I responsible for?
- Tenants are responsible for all items in a rented property. Therefore, tenants should arrange suitable contents insurance which will cover items belonging to you and the landlord. VitalSpace work alongside a range of insurance firms who can arrange cover on your behalf at a very competitive rate. Please speak to your agent to arrange this cover.
- What happens to my deposit
- Since 6th April 2007, all deposits taken by VitalSpace for assured shorthold tenancies have be protected by a tenancy deposit protection scheme called The Dispute Service (TDS). Within fourteen days of receipt of the deposit, the TDS scheme will issue you with a certificate confirming that your deposit has been registered,